It is important to prepare for your boudoir session, especially if this is your first time. Following the advice below will help you be better prepared for your session and ensure that your images are everything you expect.
Here are useful guidelines to ensure you get the most of your Boudoir Session.
- Bring two to three outfits: lingerie, man’s shirt, sports jersey, sexy dress, etc.
- Arrive with a clean face and hair ready to style
- Blow dry your hair to remove any freeze and curl
- Bring a snack, you will be hungry after your session
- Arrive early
- Shop for your outfits at least one week before your session
- Buy outfits that enhance your assets and hide your problem areas
- Buy all your outfits with “Boob” support
- Bring shoes and jewelry to match your outfits
- Drink a lot of water at least 12 hours before your session
- Color your hair, wax, do you nails and facial at least three days before your session
- Ask for fake eyelashes to enhance your makeup, your eyes need to pop and will look more natural than you think
- Trust your photographer, she/he is the expert
- Bring robe and slippers
- Bring a friend for “moral support”, it will be fun!
- Pack the night before, that will give you time to remember if you forgot something
- Bring extra panties and extra stockings. Check out this guide to lingerie.
- Get a good night sleep
- Don’t spray tan, you will look orange in your colors and will get a color crease under your butt
- Don’t eat a heavy meal at least 12 hours before your session
- Don’t experiment with beauty practices like chemical peel, tanning and waxing right before your session, especially if you have never done it before
- Don’t be exposed to direct sun light at least 2 weeks before your session. If you do, wear appropriate clothing and high SPF sun block to avoid sunburn, tan lines and different colors of skin.
- Don’t make appointments to be anywhere for at least four hours the day of your session, you don’t want to rush your session
- Don’t be nervous, I have photographed over 1000 women by the end of 2015 and counting!
- Don’t worry about your body imperfections, I’m a master at posing the female body to enhance assets and hide distractions. My goal is to use digital enhancement as little as possible.
- Don’t go out drinking or stay up late the night before, you want to look radiant and rested.
- Don’t be shy to ask for specific poses or show me your ideas, I want you to be 100% happy with your experience!
Follow me in Pinterest with more advice on how to prepare for your boudoir session.
I have more advice on how to prepare for your boudoir session in Part 2 of this series, read it now!